Too Many Projects

Who are these guys? What hair-brained game will they come up with next? How can I sue them? Will they ever grow up? If its general info you're looking for concerning our small company, this is the place to look.. and ask.

Moderator: Chris

What should Chris hurry up and finish?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:34 pm

Fuzzy Heroes 2nd Edition
No votes
Seas of Hazgar novel
44%
Shrapnel!
No votes
Fuedal Effort
11%
Medieval War PIGs
No votes
Advanced War PIGs
11%
Blind Date - the pick-a-path adventure
No votes
Some Assembly Required
11%
The Seas of Hazgar Campaign Set
No votes
Castle Wolfmoon
22%

Total votes : 9

Too Many Projects

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:34 pm

Ok, I'll confess that I am really diggin' on this hole survey/poll thing.

But it is true that we have more projects on our boards here than we have time to finish them. So.. what would you like to see next?

Fuzzy Heroes 2nd Edition - This is our game of tactical combat for stuffed animals and toys of all kinds. Its been a regular in our line up since 1990, and its due for a revamp, plus I want to add a few more role-pplaying aspects.

Seas of Hazgar novel - I finished the rough draft, but it needs transition, better decscriptive text, and a thorough edit. You can catch the rough draft chapters here and at Dragonsfoot.org, as well as lejendary.com.

Shrapnel! - this is a micro-game I'm working on for the good folks at 3 Sages Games. They have these cool gem-like crystals that look like fractured glass sans the razor-sharp edges (all th fun with none of teh bleeding). I'm working on a way to use these as dice.

Fuedal Effort - a micro or possibly boxed war/board game of army building in the 1500s

Medieval War PIGs - miniatures rules using Medieval Plastic Infantry Guys (PIGs)

Advanced War PIGs - a redo of outr popular WWII thru modern miniatures rules for Plastic Infantry Guys. This one to be expanded into a 120-page book in 6X9 format but with specific rules for given theaters of operation, and wars such as WWII, Korean, and Viet Nam.

Blind Date - the pick-a-path adventure. OK, qwe can't call it pick-a-path, but I wanted you to get the idea. I'm working on this one with Keith Sears of Heraldic Game Design

Some Assembly Required - a boardgame Mike developed about being a mad scientist and building Frankenstein monsters out of local graveyard parts. This one NEEDS to be in a box.

The Seas of Hazgar Campaign Set - same here, although this will probably release as a pdf.

Castle Wolfmoon - a series of 4 generic adventures that link together buit can also be played seperately. This one will need to have logical splits put into it as its currently a single 312 page module... by generic, I mean, "you can use it with OGL or any other system that strikes your fancy" including LA. We could also release these as Lejendary adventure mods (strictly).

Anyway.. those are what currently top my list - there are others including some expansions for the PITs system... but there are a couple of stones that need to fall into place before thos projects move up to the "need my immediate attention" pile... SO VOTE and let me know what you'd like to see first!
The guy that runs this chicken outfit.
Chris
Site Admin

Postby deimos3428 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:49 am

I voted for the novel, and I'm not at all biased. :D
deimos3428

Postby Josh Garlock » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:26 am

same here :)
Josh Garlock

Postby Josh Garlock » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:25 pm

Feudal Effort looks good too, hell, a lot of these look like worthwhile projects. I hope to see the Wolfmoon series statted for LA. I liked A Challenge of Arm's. I bought it a few years ago but haven't had the chance to run it yet.
Josh Garlock

Postby deimos3428 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:33 pm

Hey, isn't there supposed to be another Lejendary Earth sourcebook or two on that list? (Not that we're done with Hazgar or anything, just sayin'...)
deimos3428

Postby Chris » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:14 pm

Supposedly.... James Mischler is back on Jewels of the East. I need to touch base with him on that yet this week, but that's what he told me, anyway.

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Kersus » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:13 am

Sometimes you have to be careful with polls like this, or you'll end up working on the one you didn't want to!

K
Kersus

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:01 pm

C'mon folks... 215 views and 6 votes???

Sign up for the forums! It only takes a minute, and I absolutely promise that you won't get "Inner City Games Designs Spam" - I don't have the time for it. :D
Chris
Site Admin

Postby deimos3428 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:02 pm

Chris wrote:C'mon folks... 215 views and 6 votes???

Sign up for the forums! It only takes a minute, and I absolutely promise that you won't get "Inner City Games Designs Spam" - I don't have the time for it. :D

I regret it'd only let me vote once...I'm sure I've viewed the topic multiple times though. :lol:
deimos3428

Postby Darius » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:57 am

Some questions. First, if you do the novel, when ICG publish it or will you go to a larger publisher and it be in the book stores? I have no idea how well novels sell but if it isn't at Barnes and Noble I would suspect that would hurt sales so perhaps time would be spent of things.

Will the Seas of Hazgar box set just detail one area of the world, or will it give details over the places covered in the novel/online game? I mean people were going all over the place in the game. I mean I like campaign settings, but it really depends on what is covered.

Fuzzy Heroes always just struck me as an awesome idea so I am leaning towards that. One of those things that makes me wish I had it as a kid.
Darius

Postby Chris » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:37 pm

ICG wil NOT publish the Seas of Hazgar novel... I plan on selling that to a booktrade publisher, and frankly already have several inquiries in that regard.

The Seas of Hazgar Campaign set would cover all areas covered in the online campaign, and a few extras (areas that were not used in the online campaign)

6 modules are planned for the campaign set, as well as a campaign overview.
Hunter's Camp
Logger's Camp
Trapper's Camp
Village of Namrir
The Floating Island of the Gymeer
and
Tanalir's Hoard

Seizun of the Son, which was also part of the campaign, should see release under the TLG banner within the next 6 months. Its position in the campaign will be detailed, but it will not be reprinted by HFP division of ICGD. I may also add, "The Duke's Demons" as an adventure, although it was not that large a plot line, which would detail the adventure's in Hekinin, Olejan.

Fuzzy Heroes was probably out when you were a kid (first released in 1990)! Let this be a lesson... if you don't see our stuff at your FLGS (Friendly Local Game Store), ask!
:D

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Darius » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:20 am

Actually I was in High School when it came out. I ran across it at a FLGS around 3-4 years ago. Also picked up Gummy Wars. They were really cheap so my wife picked up a bunch of small games, most if not all from ICG.
Darius

Postby Josh Garlock » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:53 am

Darius mentioned something earlier about a possible anime game. Perhaps some kind of robot/machine wargame would be a good compromise. I'm no fan of anime either, but I do like the idea of a wargame that is over the top sci fi, and has rules that allow for highly customizable armies.
Josh Garlock

Postby Chris » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:26 am

I'm telling you Josh.. that game IS Very Large Creature.

The 'army vs. army' rules were never published, but were written.

The creature vs. creature rules were never published, but were written.

Both can be derived from the rules that are written/published.

Food for thought, anyway.

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Greg Ellis » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:29 pm

Castle W, Mr. Forge. It's been soooooo looooooong waiting...
Greg Ellis

Next

Return to About Inner City Games Designs