Trade Wars!

Okay this will be the home for "signin daily and play your turn when you have time".

Check out whats available, and let me know what you'd Like to add

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:15 pm

I want to play! Do you? XXOOCC

The guy that runs this chicken outfit.
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:20 pm

Yeah, this is one of my favorites, and it lends itself well to online gaming.

I need four people that want to play... or three and me, anyway. Please respond with your color choice if you want to be one of the players. I can also run an 8-player game if response is great enough.

SIMPLE RULES folks. It won't entirely make sense until you read all of them.

Setup: Everyone starts with 15 Labor Units.

Turn Sequence: Turns are made up of phases as listed below. All players will complete a phase before the turn moves to the next phase.

1) Place your Labor Units in any factories you currently control. If the square is your color - you control the factory. What they will produce depends on the country/color you choose. GREEN, for instance, will produce:
(1) Tank for every (2) Labor Units placed in a tank factory
(1) Oil for every (3) Labor Units placed in a oil factory
(1) Plane for every (4) Labor Units placed in a Plane factory
(1) Food for every (1 or single) Labor Unit placed in a Food factory

2) Receive Production: Labor Units in Factories (and the two specialty squares) produce at the rate of the given country and the commodities produced are received by the player. All fractions are discarded.

3) Trade: Each player, in turn, may make any offers of any trade they wish to other players. This may be done here, via IM, or via private e-mail. I, your GM, need only confirmation from both players that a trade is valid. The negotiation process is not my concern, nor is anything (within the bounds of the game) outside the scope of the rules. Promises of military aid, dealing in futures, and of course, extortion, are all legal commodities during this phase. "Treaties" are never secret and will be announced to all players (all final deals, vs. negotiations, are public). Alliances, treaties, etc., are only as good as those making them: i.e; its ok to promise and not deliver under these rules. Commodity/unit exchanges are immediate.

4) Feed: Each Food produced will feed 3 Labor Units. Fractions eat an entire food. Unfed units are removed from play. Military units do not eat.
(Its ok to starve off your Labor Units... but it will hamoer your production on the following turns).

4) Move: Each player may move any or all (or none) of their MILITARY units (tanks and planes only). Each plane consumes one oil to move up to 6 areas, or any portion thereof. Two tanks use but one oil to move uo to two areas eaqch, or any portion thereof. Olanes or tanks without oil do not disappear, they simply can not move.

5) Attack: If your units occupy a space in which there are enemy units, you may attack them. Tanks attack with 2d6, planes with 3d6. A successful attack generates a number larger than the defense of the opponents unit. Tanks defend at an 8, planes at a 4.

Each unit in a square may only attack once. There is no "immediate" counter-attack; you may only attack on your turn.

Undefended squares are considered "captured" by you if you move into them. They will change to your color. Factories captured by a player may be used by a player but will produce only at that player's production rate NOT the captured player's production rate.

IF YOU LOSE A FACTORY, you can not produce or accept trade goods of that type. If you have no Tank Factory, you can not even trade for tanks.

Any factory captured earns the attacking player 5 extra Labor Units at the start of the following turn.

THE WINNER is the last man standing. You are out of the game when you either:

Have no factories at the start of a turn (not phase).
OR
Have no Labor Units at the start of a turn (not phase)

NOTE: Tanks and planes can carry Oil with them, in unlimited quantities, but that Oil is captured if the unit carrying it is destroyed. If a player has 4 units in an area, any one of those units can carry the oil, so capture of Oil on;y occurs if ALL of the player's units in the area are destroyed.

NOTE 2: should any player lose all of their factories, the player taking thelast factory will receive all of their stockpiled Food and Oil at the start of the next turn. This will not occur if the player manages to retake a factory before the start of the next turn. Stockpiles of Food and Oil are kept in a "secret location" within each player's country and may not be captured other than by putting a player out of the game.

Questions welcome - who wants to play? I'd like to start next week, or sooner, and I will inform folks of the "start" via private e-mail as well as here.

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Kersus » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:48 pm

I'll play. I'd request green.

K
Kersus

Postby Chris » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:01 am

Thats one... we need at least one more, and two would be best...

I'll go beat the bushes.

I'd like to start turn one on Monday.

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby clinton » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:52 am

i can play but i work long hours through the week and it would be late when i got to play if this is ok i will pick green
If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen!
clinton

Postby clinton » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:54 am

oops i will take yellow ...hehehaha
clinton

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:05 pm

Ok, we'll be going for it.. starting now. Anyone that would like to sign up for "Blue", it will be available until such time as we start the trading phase.

So, here's how we start, with a small modification tpo compensate for "playing via post".

I'll be the "first player". On each turn, the "first player" will ratchet to the right, so once we have completed turn#1, Green will start as "first player for turn#2 with yellow second and me last, and then yellow will start turn 3, red 4, etc.

If we don't get a "Blue" player, the entirety of the blue country is a single neutral square - costs 1 for movement, and leaving a guy there means nothing. I'll adjust the graphic when we hit the trading phase if no one decides to play.

SO - phase one: allocation of labor units:

I will place mine, then green places his, then yellow places his.

My placement:
6 on Food
9 on Planes
Chris
Site Admin

play by e-mail

Postby clinton » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:50 am

opps i still new at this soo i , i mean yellow will have to wait till green goes hope this is right be back on 11-18-08
clinton

play by e-mail

Postby clinton » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:55 am

whats up ....ok see ya'll tommorrow
clinton

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:05 am

Still waiting on Kersus, but thats ok. I'll pop him an e-mail
XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Kersus » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:50 pm

I'm here.... I''ll post tonight.
Kersus

Postby Kersus » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:05 pm

Green allocation:
6 on food
6 on tanks
3 on oil
0 on planes
Kersus

play by e-mail

Postby clinton » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:23 pm

4 units on tanks
4 units on oil
6 units on food
clinton

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:57 pm

Okay so here's the updated map:
[img][img]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z278/Forgemeister/Trade%20Wars/TWturn1P.gif[/img][/img]

Clinton - you get 15 Labor Units, so I stuffed your extra into your Tank factory as he would not have done you any good elsewhere.

Note that my nine planes, as produced, appear in my plane factory. I f I had a second plane factory (captured from one of you) the planes could have been delivered there, but not produced there.

You each have also recieved your Tanks, as produced, at your tank factories.

Stockpiles are actually noted on the board: 3 food for me, 6 food and an oil for Green, and 1 Food and 2 Oil for Yellow.

Trading phase is next, and, as with production, I start on this turn.
XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:08 pm

Fear not - I have already proposed some deals.
XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Next

Return to Play By E-Mail