Trade Wars!

Okay this will be the home for "signin daily and play your turn when you have time".

Check out whats available, and let me know what you'd Like to add

Postby Chris » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:54 am

pk - I'll be moving two to my oil factory, and two to medical.

Green's move. Here's the Map
XXOOCC
The guy that runs this chicken outfit.
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Kersus » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:04 pm

Green:

Only plane to Yellow's Food factory carrying 1 oil.
Medical Tank to Green tank factory.
Oil tank to Green tank factory.
R&D tank to Green tank factory.
Food tank to the R&D invaded by Red.

(leaves 1 oil in my stockpile)
[url=http://www.facebook.com/groups/tripleoakleaf][i]Become a Furiously Eclectic Facebooker![/i][/url]
Kersus

Postby Chris » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:03 am

Wow- ok assuming that all of the machines that moved will attack, here are the attacks rolled via Game Table:

1) forgemeister rolls Green Tank attacks Red Plane (2d6): [1 + 4] = 5 My plane (Red) is gone.

2) The battle at the Green Tank Factory:
forgemeister rolls Green Tank Attacks Yellow Plane (2d6): [1 + 3] = 4 forgemeister rolls Green Tank Attacks Yellow Plane (2d6): [4 + 1] = 5 forgemeister rolls Green Tank Attacks Yellow Plane (2d6): [4 + 4] = 8
All three planes are destroyed. The map now looks like this:

Here's what just happened...
Green gets 10 additional Labor Units to start next turn.
Green can once again trade for tanks.
Yellow can not trade for food.
Green still can not trade for planes.

Wow... lets turn on CNN and see what their pundits have to say...
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:15 am

(Gallant music intro)
In an unprecedented move, Green has retaliated against the aggression of Yellow by placing their entire food supply under an embargo. The drought conditions which have plagued the beleagured Yellows for some time will now be complicated by the fact that they can no longer recieve aid in the form of food-for-tanks-or-oil from any other nation. In this reporters opinion, their only choice for survival will be to attack one of their neighbors, seizing their factories in order to enslave their workers. If they don't the Yellows will be dead by the end of next turn.

It appears, further, that the Greens hope to become complete self-sufficient. Their military is strained to its limit, and they will be unable to secure more tanks from Yellow by trading them food, or planes from Red as their plane factory is still under a like embargo by the Yellows. For you market watchers, expect a huge increase in tank production from Green. It doesn't appear that they plan to trade within anyone for the foreseeable turn to come.

Reds advisors were also ejected forcefully from a research and development facility now claimed by Green. We asked one of the scientists there for a comment.

"I have no idea what precipitated this violent action. Ok, yes, the building is geen, and the sign outside does say, "Green R&D Facility", but science knows no color."
XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:21 am

Thats the end of turn#3. Time to allocate Labor Units for the start of turn#4. I have ten this turn due to the one medical facility I control (had nine at the end of last turn).

I will place 6 units on my Food Factory, and 4 on planes. - Kersus, you have 25 Labor Units to place - where are they going?

Clinton - you place last.

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Darius » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:04 am

Just curious, but does this game go a lot faster if played in person and not by post? It seems to be taking forever, but I wonder if it is more the medium of the game than the game itself.
Darius

Postby Kersus » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:25 pm

8 on food
10 on tanks
7 on oil (yes I know one is wasted for production)
[url=http://www.facebook.com/groups/tripleoakleaf][i]Become a Furiously Eclectic Facebooker![/i][/url]
Kersus

Postby Kersus » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:33 pm

"Cheers could be heard around the gameboard from the poor workers in the R&D facility Red had invaded as they are liberated from their oppressors and can now work normal days (instead of the 24-7) and see their families again.

The one scientist who had previously been quoted is no where to be seen and must have defected - or perhaps the red decals he quickly took off were indeed his true colour. After the interview he is noted as saying "Everyone has their price," over and over as if in a trance.

It is expected for Red to continue to play Green against Yellow until Red can swoop in for the kill."
Kersus

Postby Kersus » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:36 pm

Darius wrote:Just curious, but does this game go a lot faster if played in person and not by post? It seems to be taking forever, but I wonder if it is more the medium of the game than the game itself.

Beyond the medium, there is also the actions of the players that directly effect the speed of the game.
Kersus

Postby Chris » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:23 pm

yeah - Trade Wars is not designed as a play-by post game, its a board game... BUT a long in-person game is like 10-12 turns... so I figured it would work decently for play-by -post... and a lot has happened in three turns :D That is part of how this game works. Every action has a solid 3-6 ramifications to overall strategy, and up to another half dozen side effects. :D

We're now "in" turn 4.

Clinton! (Yellow) let me know where your six guys are going for production, and I'll re-up the map.

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:29 pm

and a quick recap on the status of the market -

I will start the trading phase with 4 new planes and 3 food, as well as two commodities that I can decide on atthe start of the trading phase.

Kersus (Green) is making 8 food, 5 tanks and two oil, as well as one commodity that he can decide on at the start of the trading phase.
XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Kersus » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:25 pm

OOC-I'll probably be out until the middle of next week.
Kersus

Play By E-Mail

Postby clinton » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:54 am

put all i have on oil factory
If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen!
clinton

Postby Chris » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:11 pm

Okay - here's the new map. Please check it for accuracy (although I think I have it right).

I am taking 2 Oil for the R&D Factories I hold. Kersus Green will get to choose one free commodity on his trading phase.

...and its my trading phase. Deals are a-flyin'...

XXOOCC[/img]
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:29 am

Okay, Yellow accepted a deal of four of my planes for four of his oil.

That concludes my trading phase. Its Green's trading phase (and I don't expect you before Wednesday).
Here's the new map:
XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Play By E-Mail