YoreCon was cancelled!

This forum is for the discussion of all things Fuzzy Heroes; from rules questions to new products, as well as events, promotions and giveaways. If you're looking to have questions on Fuzzy Heroes answered, this is the place.

Moderator: Chris

YoreCon was cancelled!

Postby Chris » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:05 pm

Several of the backers pulled out at the last minute, and they had to cancel the con. Jeremy, the guy that was coordinating, had quite a few hills to climb, was doing a bang-up job, but this last was simply too much. If he finds a way to get Yorecon off the ground for next year, he'll certainly have my support on it.

Better days, Jeremy, better days.
XXOOCC
The guy that runs this chicken outfit.
Chris
Site Admin

Re: YoreCon was cancelled!

Postby Darius » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Wow. Never heard of a con canceled at the last minute. I suppose that should be a lesson to any con organizer to get everything in a contract so that people cannot pull out at the last minute. Just hope there still aren't bills to pay after all of this. There was a con here that ran for a few years, but then one year it racked up such a huge debt it could not put on any more cons. Now it just goes around begging for money online and other cons to pay the bills they still owe.
Darius

Re: YoreCon was cancelled!

Postby Chris » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:41 pm

I have to concur here. Contracts (for sponsorships especially) are our friends....
XXOOCC
The guy that runs this chicken outfit.
Chris
Site Admin

Return to What's New?