Fun Find in local shop

If its made of plastic, it looks like a miniature version of a soldier, animal, bug, or just about anything else, we've probably published a rule set for it. This is the place to find out more about War PIGs and our other micro-miniatures games.

Moderator: Chris

Fun Find in local shop

Postby deimos3428 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:33 pm

I was browsing a local RPG shop here in Toronto today, looking for interesting RPGs for reference materials, when I spotted the ICGD logo out of the corner of my eye. Well, that's a rare thing so I had to take a closer look.

It was a small plastic ziploc bag with an orange business-card like label on it. It had some plastic indians inside of it. Not knowing what to make of it, I asked the guy working there if he had any other stuff from ICGD. He went into the back and came back with a good-sized box of stuff.

Apparently the owner of the store had met you at some point, Chris, and had a full Wild West War PIGs "Demo Kit" (ICG7323A). (I'm not positive, but I think the original ziploc bag that caught my eye is the "Figure assortment prize"...)

Anyway, it was quite a fun find, and after some haggling I now am the proud owner of a whole bunch of colorful plastic cowboy-n-injun minis and yet another ICGD game. You'll probably be happy to know that of the three original copies of the rulebook in the demo kit, only one was left. :D

I think the kit is complete except for the promotional poster, which would have looked cool on my wall. I was a little surprised to find rocks in the kit, though.
deimos3428

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:44 am

They're not just "rocks" - they're terrain!

There should be 7 or 8 different "teams" of cowboys or indians, a mountain, a table cover, two wagons (or three - I forget) a teepee, and some plastic fencing as well as a bunch of horses.

There should also be a full scenario for them.

That was, if I remember, a promotion from three years ago :D.

But hey... cool!

Recovering from Gen Con as yet, still no voice... but I'll be back to work (here) tomorrow. :D

You just made my week. :D

XXOOCC
The guy that runs this chicken outfit.
Chris
Site Admin

Return to War PIGs (war with Plastic Infantry Guys)