A Quandry - let me know what YOU think

If its made of plastic, it looks like a miniature version of a soldier, animal, bug, or just about anything else, we've probably published a rule set for it. This is the place to find out more about War PIGs and our other micro-miniatures games.

Moderator: Chris

Should I do a boardgame (Feudal Effort, tentative), or Medieval War PIGs, or both? and in which order?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:53 pm

Feudal Effort
75%
Medieval War PIGs
No votes
Both! Stop being lazy, Chris.
25%

Total votes : 4

A Quandry - let me know what YOU think

Postby Chris » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:54 am

OK, so I found the medieval plastic 35mm guys on sale again recently, and came home with a boxfull, full intending to write up "Medieval War PIGs", which I probably still will.. but here's the quandry:

The Medieval Plastic Infantry Guys are really pretty slick for PIGs... and I'm thinking of using them as playing pieces in a board game.

SOOoooooo

Should I do a boardgame (Feudal Effort, tentative), or Medieval War PIGs, or both? and in which order?

Be blatant...
The guy that runs this chicken outfit.
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Harper » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:28 am

Honestly, I think you should do both.

Medieval War Pigs is a variant of the other War Pigs rules. In this case you'll probably be emphasizing Weapons vs. Armors with some ranged rules for bows and crossbows (and maybe some siege engine rules). So, it should be the easier of the two to write (although it may actually end up being harder).

But, since you've started thinking about a board game, I think you'll get stuck thinking about it. Being that the board game is entirely new, you don't have the existing framework to use which may make it harder to develop, but you also don't have the existing limitations, which may make it easier to develop.

Therefore, you should decide which one you will find easier and more intriguing to develop and start with that one. Then, work on the other one as you have time and/or the inclination.

But, that's just my 2 cents on the matter.
Harper

Return to War PIGs (war with Plastic Infantry Guys)