When Good Neighbors... Go Bad.

We make a LOT of ready-to-play micro boardgames including the "When Good... Go Bad" series, Space War, Catskills, Anyville Horror, Lemmings In Space, Who's Your Daddy?, Brunch at the Coliseum, and much, much more. If you can play it without any additional pieces beyond perhaps a pencil or a six-sider you'll find it in this forum.

Moderator: Chris

When Good Neighbors... Go Bad.

Postby Kersus » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:57 am

Man there was a lot of cutting for this game ;) I haven't played it yet, and the rules sort've boggled me the first run through - but I'll give it a go.

K
Kersus

Postby Chris » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:21 am

yeah, and I apologize for that, but hopefully the work is worth it. Only way to keep the price down.

The idea is this... Anytime YOU (or your opponents) move, they will encounter various aggravating materials that they then view in their neighbor's yards. You (and your neighbors) can also engage in activities specifically designed to upset the other players (my favorite is that the poor white trash can burn any item for 1d6 per $100 value of the item burned in aggravation to all neighbors).

When you hit 100 aggravation points, you put your house up for sale and move out of the neighborhood.

Last one to move out wins.

Wait until the danged furiner's pet eats his neighbors pet, or somenody's dog gets bbq'd... heh...

Holler with any questions you might have. I'll see if I can get that game loaded into game table for playing online here.

XXOOCC
The guy that runs this chicken outfit.
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Kersus » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:48 am

There was an extra car that wasn't the beater or the gargantuan that we didn't know what to do with.

Someone felt that people with two guns were too tough to steal from.

It seemed to really appeal to the youngest player we had (12).

K
[url=http://www.facebook.com/groups/tripleoakleaf][i]Become a Furiously Eclectic Facebooker![/i][/url]
Kersus

Postby Chris » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:06 am

So you'd give it 4 out of ten or so? You can say so if taht's how you feel, fear not. I like it, but then perhaps I have a slight case of arrested development.

I'll have to see if I can put an online game together.

I do belive there's a regular "car" as well as the beater and the Gargantuan... but I'll check. There is also more than one "beater" (per color)in the set (as a player can have more than one car, especially if they have relatives, which they can also send out to work, but which also earn aggravation), so that may be the confusing part.

I'll get working on an online version soonest. :D

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Kersus » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:52 pm

We had multiple beaters per colour, and then this car that wasn't listed on the price list.

The Old Folks wouldn't make stealing illegal. At first the one gun was being stolen until a couple people acquired two guns each and then no one stole from them again.

The youngest really liked it, the oldest two were having fun but sort've seeing how it all went (testing the waters), and the 3 young adults didn't like it. One hated all the constant paperwork and the other two were bored. So it was mixed feelings overall. Part of the negative part was that we learned as we played. Now knowing the game better, it would go smoother, but I doubt the young adults (18-20) would give it another try. Those aged 12 and 30+ would.

I myself wouldn't rate it until I play again.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/groups/tripleoakleaf][i]Become a Furiously Eclectic Facebooker![/i][/url]
Kersus

Postby Cloven-Fruit-Games » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:03 pm

I actually played it directly with Chris at his house, and I enjoyed it alot.
Thanks
Fred Poutre
Cloven Fruit Games
Cloven-Fruit-Games

Re: When Good Neighbors... Go Bad.

Postby Chris » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:38 am

Just a heads up for those who may have wanted to try this classic micro-boardgame, but have never had the opportunity.

The will be running some When Good Villagers... Go Bad at Necronomicon at the Hilton Bayfront in St Petersburg, FL on
October 22-24

This one is a bit of a spoof with zombie hobbits on the rampage, but it looks like hilarious fun to me.

You can find out more about Necronomicon here:
http://www.stonehill.org/necro.htm

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Return to Micro-board Games