Movement Questions

Anything from how a rule works, whether a new home rule you have devised will affect overall play, or questions on some of our pre-determined scenarios should be asked here.

Moderator: Chris

Movement Questions

Postby Dramaman » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:16 pm

When a toy's turn allows movement. Is the toy restricted to moving in the direction that toy was facing at the beginning of the turn? This makes a big difference if one must coordinate movement and attacking, since the toy can only attack if it is relatively facing its opponent.

Also, when a toy is directly facing an opponent, does that block any forward movement beyond the opponent? Must a toy take extra turns to move around or sidestep another toy that blocks its path from point A to point B?
Dramaman

Re: Movement Questions

Postby Chris » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:45 am

Facing changes are free but are important. As far as movement goes, a unit's facing at the start of their movement can be changed for free, so it truly has NO effect on the direction that they can move. At the end of their movement, facing is again without movement cost BUT will determine what targets may be senn throught the rest of the turn (for attack/line of sight and defensive purposes).

Short form: facing is important for attack and defense, buit does not truly affect movement at all.

As far as unit's blocking the movement of other units.

Yes, they do. Any enemy unit automatically blocks the passage of a friendly unit. In fact, as melee combat range is 2", any Fuzzy Hero attempting to move around an enemy must skirt said enemy by at least a margin of 2" (or more). One of the reasons that we recommend the use of tape measures is so that the tape can be bent around the opposition unit, thus giving a true measurement of the distance required.
This draing is a bit crude - but I hope it helps:
XXOOCC
The guy that runs this chicken outfit.
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Dramaman » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:21 pm

Thanks for the diagram. Until I saw it displayed I had assumed that a toy had to move in a straight line.
Dramaman

Postby Chris » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:07 am

NP- this is one of the aspects of miniatures gaming that is not universal, altho there are a number of games that use a flexible movement system such as the one I diagramed. Frankly, flexible movement is a bit more realistic than hex or straight-line... bearing in mind that I'm talking about realism and stuffed-toy combat in the same sentence. :D
The guy that runs this chicken outfit.
Chris
Site Admin

Return to Rules Questions