Trade Wars!

Okay this will be the home for "signin daily and play your turn when you have time".

Check out whats available, and let me know what you'd Like to add

Postby Chris » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:56 am

Ok Clinton, Europe.
(You're Up. You're turn to move/attack).
XXOOCC
The guy that runs this chicken outfit.
Chris
Site Admin

Play By E-Mail

Postby clinton » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:12 am

take Kersus tank factory AND his plane factory.... by sending three planes to each....what die do i need to roll ?
If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen!
clinton

Postby Chris » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:54 am

I hadn't thought of that, but I think the following method should work fairly..

First of all, you need to get en 8 or more on three d6 in order to kill the tank. Labor Unit kills are automatic, altho they do soak up attacks.

SO, in the tank factory - you have only one attack to get the 9 you need. In the plane factory you have three attacks to get the required 9.
(Tanks defend at an 8, meaning 9 or more is required to kill them).

I'll copy and paste from Game Table's dice roller. Here's the all important Tank Factory roll:

Ivan_Stormshield rolls Plane attack (3d6): [1 + 4 + 4] = 9

...and here's the three in the plane factory:
Ivan_Stormshield rolls Plane attack (3d6): [3 + 5 + 1] = 9 Ivan_Stormshield rolls Plane attack (3d6): [2 + 3 + 3] = 8 Ivan_Stormshield rolls Plane attack (3d6): [2 + 1 + 5] = 8

In both cases, Clinton is successful. Ivan_Stormshield is a cleric I play in Broccoli Rage's D&D game (Turguz!)

Here's the new board:

Several important things have now happened.
1) The Yellow planes in Green country can not move from the factories unless a yellow plane or tank brings them oil. They can be destroyed by green, but can not currently be moved by Yellow.
2) Green can not trade for either tanks or planes. If he does, they go to Yellow as he now owns the factories to which the planes or tanks would be delivered.
3) Yellow will start next turn with 10 Labor Units which he'll need to allocate.

Green, don't panic. Planes defend at a 4... which means they are killed by a 5 or higher, so they don't make much of an occupational force. They are designed to capture territory, not hold it. Generally, you need twice as many tanks to defend as there are planes attacking... but tanks can attack successfully if only planes are defending. The most common roll on 2 dice is a 7, on three dice is 10-11 (equal chance of either one).

Yellow has a few open factories.. and its my turn to move! Yellow moves first next turn, and Green last - meaning that any move Green makes next turn can not be countered by Yellow.

What will I do?
XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:11 am

We, the noble reds, are shocked by the behavior of our neighbors to the south, and offer any and every assistance to our friends in the Green territories.

A plane has been sent to assess the situation and determine what the most helpful course of action might be. Right now, they are flying over the abandoned research facility in the unpopulated area of Greenland in order to reassure our Green friends that no untoward action is intended. It is unfortunate that we did not plan ahead and send oil with them for the return trip.

Note that on this version of the map the oil used by both Yellow and Red has also been deducted. Sorry I didn't do that on the last map.

It is now time for everyone to start turn#3, and allocate their Labor Units for that turn. Green still has possession of a medical facility, whch means that Green has 15 Labor Units to allocate (to either Oil or Food) rather than the 14 shown on the map.

Yellow has 10. Red (me) has 9. How'd I wind up in last place?
Yellow has to allocate first, as they start this turn on every phase. I allocate second, and Green allocates, and trades/moves, last this turn.
Let me know where your putting all of your shiny new Labor Units, Yellow, you capitalist aggressor! The UN shall hear of your unprovoked attack!
XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Play By E-Mail

Postby clinton » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:47 am

yes yellow will place 6 labor units on oil and 4 on tanks and hope that the starving people of the yellow nation has the endurance to hold on a bit longer .
clinton

Postby Kersus » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:31 am

12 on oil, 3 on food
[url=http://www.facebook.com/groups/tripleoakleaf][i]Become a Furiously Eclectic Facebooker![/i][/url]
Kersus

Postby Chris » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:00 pm

Kersus - you actually go last this turn, so you can change your allocation after you see mine if you want to.

I'll place 8 on Food and 1 on Planes.

Remember- Kersus gets one additional commodity of any kind. Currently, I get three, due to ownership of R&D facillities.

Kersus let me know if you want to make any changes, and then I'll update the board.

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Kersus » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:27 am

Kersus wrote:12 on oil, 3 on food

I'll stick with this.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/groups/tripleoakleaf][i]Become a Furiously Eclectic Facebooker![/i][/url]
Kersus

Postby Kersus » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:35 am

The Reds are sitting pretty while they wait for the right time to annihilate Yellow & Green at their weakest. This leaves Green with but two choices. Fight Yellow and let Red take it all, or work with Red in hopes of sneaking a victory later. What a pickle Yellow has made of Green. :lol:
Kersus

Postby Chris » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:44 pm

The Reds as here being painted as vultures; growing fat on the carrion and suffering of the world. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Our people, like those of the Yellow nation, have starved. So much so that our population, once the equal of the most prosperous nations in the world, is now the smallest on the planet.

Our equipment stands idle, like that of the rest of the world's, due to the massive oil shortage that has plagued us all.

We extend our hands in friendship, and are accused of grasping. We send investigative advisors to assess the situation in Green land, hoping to find a peaceful solution by reviewing their R&D facility, and are characterized as jackals, tearing at the corpse of the world.

Although we condemn the actions of Yellow in their unprovoked attack on Green, it appears that , with this attitude from the wealthy Greens, there may have been, after all, some justification. We support our yellow brothers in their efforts to feed their starving children.
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:56 pm

here's the new board:

So, on a preliminary basis:

Yellow gets:
4 Tanks and 3 oil

Red Gets
I get to choose 3 Commodities for the R&D facilities I control.
I will take 1 food and two oil. So my totals are:
5 Food, 2 Oil, and a plane.

Green gets:
3 Food, 4 Oil, and a commodity he gets to name for the R&D Facility he controls (let me know what you want Kersus).

Are we shifting to one Food feeds 5 Labor Units this turn? We can, as the only one it will hurt is me (as I am producing mostly Food this turn), and it is in the pubbed rules that way. I am ok with that, if you two are, although we have been playing that one Food feeds three... If the two of you decide that one Food shall henceforth feed 5, as the rules state, we'll change it for this turn, and the rest of this game.

SO
Clinton. let me know if you wish to do that.
Kersus, let me know if you wish to do that AND what free commodity you want.

We can also leave Food where it is, with each feeding three.
XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Kersus » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:33 am

I'd rather stick to how we've been playing food. 1 feeds 3 for the remainder of the game.

I'll take an oil for R&D.
Kersus

Play By E-Mail

Postby clinton » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:42 am

i think we need to keep the rules the same for the rest of the game ...
thanks
clinton

Postby Chris » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:29 pm

okay - done and done. Here's the new map:

...and its Yellow's (Clinton's) trading phase. Go make some deals bro!

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Food for thought... there's 10 food in the world - enough to feeed 30 people.

There are 34 people in the world.

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Play By E-Mail