Trade Wars - New Game Starting!

Okay this will be the home for "signin daily and play your turn when you have time".

Check out whats available, and let me know what you'd Like to add

Postby Chris » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:37 pm

In world news today, Yellowland launched an unprecedented attack across the pole, invading what most of the world considered to be the former ally Red, while simultaneously attacking the food processing facility in the neighboring country of Blue in what they are calling, "a liberation attack". Undoubtedly, the retaliation of Red will be both swift and devastating.

In world markets:
Blue's current GDP is 56. Workforce 23.5 (equivalent) Miitary 11
Red's current GDP is 15. Largest Workforce 34 (equivalent) Military 9
Green's current GDP is 60. Workforce 17.5 (equivalent) Largest Military 13
Yellow's current GDP is 29. Workforce 25 (equivalent) Military 10

Unless someone wants Food Back and to kill off Labor Units by so doing, Red, place your workforce!
:D
XXOOCC
The guy that runs this chicken outfit.
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Kersus » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:30 pm

16 Oil
13 Plane
[url=http://www.facebook.com/groups/tripleoakleaf][i]Become a Furiously Eclectic Facebooker![/i][/url]
Kersus

Postby Kersus » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:24 am

R&D is all oil.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/groups/tripleoakleaf][i]Become a Furiously Eclectic Facebooker![/i][/url]
Kersus

Postby Chris » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:56 pm

Tad - go ahead and place your Labor Units. Red is making:
4 Oil +2 Oil =6 Oil and 13 planes. He has one food stcokpiled.

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:44 am

Okay, I am preparing to post the map. Green has decided to place:
9 in Food (producing 9 food)
6 in Tanks (producing 3 tanks)
and he still has a free commodity to declare.

I will be making 20 Tanks. (thats all 20 in tanks)

and I will be taking 2 food for my R&D commodities.

That means that production this turn, so far, will be:
13 Planes
23 Tanks
11 Food
and 6 Oil.

Blue... what's your placement?
XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Darius » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:53 am

14 planes
7 oil
1 plane for R&D
Darius

you guys are starting to scare me

Postby tadk » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:33 pm

I think you all should lay down your weapons and instead take up farming

How much safer would the Trade World be if we all were nice and friendly to one and another

More Trade
Less War
tadk

Postby Chris » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:08 pm

OK new map, and full explanation justs sos we can all see what is happening in the world.

Red placed:
16 in Oil and 13 in Planes and also took his 2 R&D(s) as Oil. He made 6 Oil and 13(!) Planes.
Green Placed:
9 in Food and 6 in Tanks and then took an additional Tank as his R&D. He made 9 Food and 4 Tanks
Yellow placed:
20 in Tanks and took 2 Food for his R&D. He made 20 (!!) Tanks and 2 Food.
Blue Placed:
14 in Planes and 7 in Oil and took a plane for his R&D. He made 7 Oil and 8 Planes.

New Map:

This turn, world population is 85 (17 5-man units) but its dispersion is such that there is need for enough food to feed 90 (18 5-man units). There is EXACTLY 18 food in the world right now.

Militarily, there are 39 Planes and 50 tanks in the world... and 23 Oil to move them. There is not enough Oil to move either all of the tanks OR all of the Planes, and in fact there is about half that amount.

Planes are generally used to acquire territory, Tanks to deter invasion...
There are 4 areas of conflict/invasion in the world right now, requiring a minimum of 7 Planes in order for the original owners to regain sovereignity (sp?). There are 4 open factories that should get a minimum of 12 Tanks in order to deter attacks. 38 Tanks are currently also needed in order to maintain current ownerships.

Wow... there are shortages, pretty much, everywhere (except perhaps tanks). Please review the map and the numbers therein for accuracy (I have screwed up before this) and if everything looks right to everyone...

Pre-trading GDPs: (the numbers might surprise you!)
Blue: 79
Green: 77
Yellow: 53
Red: 52

Red - commence your trading phase!

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Darius » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:52 pm

I thought R&D appear on the R&D factories? I just thought the plane would be in my R&D and not at the place factory.
Darius

Postby Chris » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:59 am

I can place it there if you'd prefer - it can appear at either, actually.

(the rules are vague on that - at least my copy).

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Kersus » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:06 am

Trading...

My copy says it's "received at that factory (see Trade)." If it means the R&D, it should always be the R&D, but if it means your factory for that item, it should always be the factory for that item. If the latter, this means R&D can't help you with production for factories you do not control. If R&D is designed to aid you in the event of not controlling factories for production, it should always be the former. That's my opinion anyway - but I'm cool however you do it.
Kersus

Postby Chris » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:21 am

Actually, I'm cool with you getting them at either facility, so... seriously... if you'd rather the planes showed up at the R&D facilities, they CAN show up there.

Same for Tanks...

Food and Oil just goes into your "hidden stockpile" and so "where it appears" is far less important (ok, not at all important).

The idea behind the R&D facilities (they were not part of the original game and ARE not part of the 8-player game) was that the catastrophic take-over of the main producer of a commodity not cause an immediate world-wide shortage OF that commodity... and that someone taking your food factory would not be able to starve you out as easily (happened a lot in the 4-player test version).

SO... R&D manufactured items can appear either at the R&D facility or at the factory of the same type, your choice... allowing it to be your choice better preserves the intent of the added R&D facilities in the rules :D

BTW... You can't trade me for tanks this turn. If you do, they will be delivered to my thugs that are currently in possession of that factory... and I know these guys. They'll sign for them, keep them, and you'll never see them :D. Heck, they'd probably use them against you. Their communications say that the vending machines in your factory are better than the one's in ours! If only they could read the instructions on the equipment there....

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:18 am

I am confirming a trade by Red (he's still at it tho')... 5 Green Food for 5 Red Planes. I'll update the map when Red finishes trading.

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:00 pm

Red has concluded his trading phase with but a single trade.

5 Green Food were traded for 5 Red Planes.

Its Green's trading phase.

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

All done

Postby tadk » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:02 pm

No trades this turn

Next
tadk

PreviousNext

Return to Play By E-Mail