Boards Might Be Down This Weekend!

Yes, we're giong to start gaming here within a week to ten days. This forum is the place to find out when, where, how to, and what to play!

Boards Might Be Down This Weekend!

Postby Chris » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:06 am

Mike's going to try and get the upgrade in soonest, so we may lose the boards for the weekend - don't panic. The plan is to wrap the mamebr list and topic discussions over on to the new boards, and that's what takes the time.

Anyway - if you find the boards down, try again the next day.

XXOOCC
The guy that runs this chicken outfit.
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Darius » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:48 pm

So did they get upgraded or not? I am going to say they didn't.
Darius

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:12 pm

It would appear not - I get the info second hand, but I would believe we just didn;t get that far this weekend. Ah well.

The plans for the upgrade are in place - its just when... and I didn't want folks to think we got hacked or something.

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Re: Boards Might Be Down This Weekend!

Postby Darius » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:01 am

New boards are very blue. Don't forget to update the ICGD link. With luck, this should give you some better spam tools.
Darius

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:24 pm

I'll be looking it over this week, and then I will no doubt pick your brain on a topic or three. This version does appear quite friendly to those of us that are internet-challenged...

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:18 pm

ZERO spam since the new upgrade. I am in heaven. Working on further upgrades currently, including a chat room with dice roller.

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Darius » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:37 pm

Still no spam? I'm surprised. I suppose you still have it set to approve people. If that is the case, then they will not show up on the memberslist for the forum until they are approved. You could simply send out and email and have people click. This might increase the spam. What you can do to stop that is install a program that adds a bot question. It can be anything like, are you a bot? The fact that the line is not in the spam programs email will mean they will fail.

As for the chat, there are a few. Ajax might be your best option. You will need to have someone modify the forum code to have is display on the forums. If not, then you can provide a link.
Darius

Postby Chris » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:54 pm

Finally, today, first spam.. ONE....

I can live with that. I'll check in this week to see how the chat room hunt is progressing.

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Return to General stuff