Online gaming for this summer (2011)

Yes, we're giong to start gaming here within a week to ten days. This forum is the place to find out when, where, how to, and what to play!

Online gaming for this summer (2011)

Postby Chris » Fri May 27, 2011 10:24 pm

You guys remember when we used to play on this software:

Well... as you can see by the arrow, there's a slight glitch. The link that used to give you the IP address is no longer active.

Anyone that can figure out a work-around, I'm all ears... as I really like the versatility of this software, and want to start gaming with you all using it once again (add: soonest!)

SO if you're a computer grognard and you have a solution to the link problem, please let me know.

The sample shown here is v.1.2 I have version 2 as well, but 1.2 works with a broader variety of browsers and systems (XP, 7, etc.)

XXOOCC
The guy that runs this chicken outfit.
Chris
Site Admin

Re: Online gaming for this summer (2011)

Postby Darius » Sat May 28, 2011 9:07 pm

I haven't use that software before. I might play around with it. However, I am assuming that the host computer would be yours. If that is the case, then you only need your ip address.

If it is yours, then go to accessories and open the command prompt. Then type in ipconfig and hit enter. Look for the IPv4 address. All of those numbers will be your computer's address.
Darius

Postby Chris » Sun May 29, 2011 12:01 am

I have been since told that I need to ensure I have no firewalls on the port the software uses and that such might be the issue. I'll be testing this with a close friend next week, and will report back (promise). :D

If we get the bugs worked out, expect gaming start up at the end of June.
XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby deimos3428 » Tue May 31, 2011 1:50 am

Martin was using that software way back when for an online LA game. Sounds like that error might be a firewall related issue, but I couldn't say for sure.
deimos3428

Postby Chris » Tue May 31, 2011 6:51 pm

Actually Deimos, that is my suspicion as well. I am having my IT guy look at removing firewalls for the particular port used by the software today.

(I'll let you know :D)

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Return to General stuff