Trade Wars!

Okay this will be the home for "signin daily and play your turn when you have time".

Check out whats available, and let me know what you'd Like to add

Postby Kersus » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:18 am

Chris wrote:he - funny you shjould mention...

The pubbed rules use 4 per - the house rules use three.

It plays both ways, with three causing a slight mathematical shift towards food, 4 towards oil.

...I hadn't remembered that we pubbed 4....

...and I posted the rules from memory!

XXOOCC

The rules I have in my copy is 5. I was expecting 3 to feed all my dudes, but no biggie, and my own fault for not reading.
Kersus

Postby Kersus » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:22 am

Kersus wrote:One tank to the only R&D factory of mine I can reach. Another tank to the medical symbol right beside the tanks in my territory.

That is all.

I already posted my move.
Kersus

Postby Chris » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:05 pm

Got it, my bad.

As Clinton has no oil, all that is then left is placement of remaining Labor Units for the start of the second turn, declaration of commodities earned from R&D occurs in the Production phase of that turn (turn#2, phase#2).

Kersus places his labor units first this turn. He now has 16 due to the tank he placed on the hospital/ med symbol.

Here is the "end of turn" board:
The guy that runs this chicken outfit.
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:45 pm

The Reds, accused of "fleecing" the oil producers of the world, have extended guarantees to the Yellows that, "Their people shall not go wanting" for food this turn should they return to oil production.

"Green's tyranny over food production will not be tolerated. Tho' we have been slow to respond, the Reds have mandated that 'food' is a basic right which none shall, in the future, be denied."

(Labor units may be placed in any territory controlled by a player that contains a factory).

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Kersus » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:05 pm

Chris wrote:Kersus places his labor units first this turn. He now has 16 due to the tank he placed on the hospital/ med symbol.
[/img]

So I get one more unit. I'll place it on food.

K
[url=http://www.facebook.com/groups/tripleoakleaf][i]Become a Furiously Eclectic Facebooker![/i][/url]
Kersus

Postby Chris » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:21 pm

...and you are leaving the rest in their original (current) postions?
XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Kersus » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:27 pm

You can re-allocate all of them each turn?

In that case:

7-food
6-oil
2-Tanks
[url=http://www.facebook.com/groups/tripleoakleaf][i]Become a Furiously Eclectic Facebooker![/i][/url]
Kersus

Postby Chris » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:21 pm

Indeed you can :D.

Clinton - its now your turn to allocate your 6 labor units for next turn.

Green (Kersus) will be producing:
7 Food
2 oil
1 tank

You can place your labor units in any factory you own, and the "moving" is free.

You are both the best Oil producer AND the best tank producer. :D

Let me know your allocation, and I'll move my guys and repub the map with production numbers.

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Kersus » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:24 pm

Uhm, I forgot the new one. 8 to food, 6 to oil, 2 to tanks.... Should make 8 food, 2 oil, 1 tank.
Kersus

Postby Kersus » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:32 pm

Chris wrote:The Reds, accused of "fleecing" the oil producers of the world, have extended guarantees to the Yellows that, "Their people shall not go wanting" for food this turn should they return to oil production.

"Green's tyranny over food production will not be tolerated. Tho' we have been slow to respond, the Reds have mandated that 'food' is a basic right which none shall, in the future, be denied."

Alternative News reports that Green's generosity is being spun by the Reds in an attempt to manipulate more oil from the Yellows. There is thought that the Greens are making extra food to aid the Yellow in this time of need after the fleecing by Red.

An un-named source has claimed that the Red and Green leaders are bargaining a coalition but Green has officially discounted such claims as rumours and lunacy considering the current economic climate but will not hesitate to open talks with the Rich Reds to help balance the game-economy.
Kersus

Play By E-Mail

Postby clinton » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:56 pm

all 6 labor units into oil
If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen!
clinton

Postby Chris » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:36 pm

Okay, here's where we are:

Kersus, you need to declare what your R&D commodity is (for the tank that is on the R&D facility next to your plane factory); then I declare what my two commodities are for the 2 R&D facilities I hold.. and then its Kersus trading phase for turn 2.

All other commodities produced are "on the board" as it were, so let me know if I screwed up anything.

XXOOCC
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Kersus » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:46 am

R&D will produce Oil.

OOC: Why do you go with 1:3 food? Pure curiosity.
Kersus

Postby Chris » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:59 am

We used to play that way... it shifts the dynamic slightly, but the game stays pretty much the same. Look at the bright side food-boy, it worked in YOUR favor :D.

OK - I'll produce 1 food and 1 Oil from my two R&D faciolities.

Here's the Board:

...and it now Green's (Kersus) Trading phase..

HINT TO ALL PLAYERS:
LOOK at how much Oil could potentially be used this turn, how much food would be required to feed"the world" this turn, how many tanks are needed vs. in-play, how many planes, etc... when considering your trades.

Frankly:
Oil is short
Tanks are a bit short.
Food is a bit of a surplus.
Planes are a definite surplus.

...Best of luck ...and good trading!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Kersus » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:35 pm

Trade offer awaiting response (to clinton).
Kersus

PreviousNext

Return to Play By E-Mail